SMASH ARTIST SERVICES bvba is a Belgian company, registered in the Belgian Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0597.996.387 and having its registered offices at Wolvertemsesteenweg 198, 1785 Merchtem (hereinafter “SMASH THE HOUSE ” or “us”).
Under “SMASH THE HOUSE” can be understood our service company and our services related to our artists and all affiliated entities and companies (such as but not limited to MNKY BZZ BVBA, TL International BVBA, TL Winter BVBA, Armada Music BV, WEAREONE.world BVBA, Tomorrowland). Hereinafter, all our services, including the services accessible through the websites of related artists are referred to as the “services”.
ARTICLE 1 – PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
Personal data is collected from different sources:
- personal data can be collected directly from you when you use the services and interact with us through our different channels. This includes:
- name, address, date of birth, gender and preferences when you sign up for our events or buy tickets through one of the official ticket partners.
- any personal information or images you share on our websites and applications;
- ticket information linked to the ticket(s) you buy;
- interest in specific products on artist websites e.g. when using the price simulator;
- personal data can be collected from our partners, such as ticket agencies, the venues in which the events are held, the artists who may share your information with us;
- personal data can be collected when you visit our websites, or that you provide through our websites, or through posting on any blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications and services that we may provide;
- personal data can be collected from (joint) data controllers, such as Instagram, TikTok, Google, Spotify and Facebook, via direct messages that are used via the Facebook messenger platform or your Spotify profile (see below).
Which personal data we collect, depends on your specific situation or request.
1.2 We do not seek sensitive information (e.g., data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation). If such information is however provided to us by you we will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information.
1.3 It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 16. Minors who want to use our services need to be supervised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. We encourage the holders of parental responsibility to take an active part in their children’s (online) activities.
ARTICLE 2 – WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Providing and improving our services.
We use data to provide and improve the services we offer. This means that your data is used to allow us to manage our activities and to provide support. This implies, without being limitative, that we need your data:
- to manage our records;
- to ensure that content from our web sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to verify your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us, and to process your request and provide you with the best service possible;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- prevent or detect any misuse or fraud;
- for business operations.
These data is also further used for statistical purposes and to produce aggregate insights. We may use such aggregated statistics for marketing purposes.
The legal basis of the aforementioned data processing lies in the necessity of this processing for the performance of our contract with you and for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
- Communications and marketing
We use the data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. After explicit consent, you can receive commercial e-mails to inform you about all our services and/or events. You may at any time choose not to receive marketing or other materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail you may receive, or by contacting us directly.
It is possible that we use your personal data to send you non-commercial e-mails. This will not be based on your consent, but on the legitimate interests pursued by us.
- Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are used on our websites. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We do not store any personal details in a cookie that can be used by us to identify individuals. We can, however, track your activity on online assets for statistical analysis and to enhance your experience.
Although cookies are required to be able to fully use the services and all of its features, you can always refuse to accept cookies by changing the related settings of your browser. Certain cookies like first party functional cookies and performance cookies are mandatory, other cookies can be switched off in your browser.
- Activities on internet platforms (Facebook, Messenger, Spotify, Bandsintown)
- We use the Facebook platform to identify unique users. The data that is gathered in this regard is limited to your profile name, first and last name, email address, gender, facebookID and timezone. This data can be used in future campaigns, to inform you about future events, upcoming tracks and campaigns related to all artists registered under SMASH THE HOUSE ARTIST SERVICES (Dimitri Vegas and like Mike, Lost frequencies, Wolfpack, …).
- We use the Facebook Messenger platform to allow direct communication between the artists and fan base. All direct messages are logged and the following information is stored: direct message ID, facebook ID, first name, lastname, email address and timezone. This platform allows us to send a direct message regarding new tracks, events or the artist related campaigns. To opt-out users can remove the direct conversation or type unsubscribe within the messenger conversation or email your deletion request towards firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the Spotify API platform, a.o. by setting up “Pre-Save” actions linked to Spotify, to gather unique data about your profile and the following information is stored for future campaigns: Spotify user ID, playlist id, email address, public and private playlists. This data can be used to inform and adapt your Spotify playlists and add new tracks that are related to SMASH THE HOUSE ARTIST SERVICES.
In case of a “Pre-Save” action, Spotify will send us a token when you log on to your Spotify account via the link we provide to you. This token is only valid for a period of 6 months. To opt-out, which is possible at all times, users should access their Spotify account details and remove the integration between us and your personal Spotify account.
- in order to further connect our artists with our fans, we use the Bandsintown platform which allows you to receive notifications about our tours and artists. Bandsintown may collect your data when their logo is included on our websites, and it may use the collected data for purposes of marketing and advertising the products, services and offerings made available by Bandsintown, its affiliates or promotional partners.
Please be aware that the data stored on the abovementioned platforms is also controlled by the owners of such platforms (e.g. Facebook, Spotify, Bandsintown). Please check the privacy policies related to the respective platform in this regard.
ARTICLE 3 – SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you give us permission to share your data.
- to our staff, legal successors and other companies within our group;
- this is necessary for the provision of our services, e.g. (IT) service providers such as Amazon AWS, Stone Internet Services, Zendesk, Outlook 365, Cumul.io and box.com, printing companies, mailing companies, payment service providers;
- there is a legal obligation, e.g. tax and accountancy obligations, police investigations, local and federal government requirement;
ARTICLE 4 – STORAGE
The information that you provide to us will be held in the systems located at the registered office in Antwerp or in those of an appointed third party or our cloud service providers such as Amazon AWS, Stone Internet Services, Zendesk, Outlook 365, Cumul.io and box.com. In case your personal data is transferred and processed outside the EU, the legally required appropriate safeguards will be in place to protect your personal data.
ARTICLE 5 – SECURITY MEASURES
Appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. When you provide your personal data through our websites or mobile apps, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
Data breaches can be reported by mail to: email@example.com. We have an internal policy on preventing and reporting (possible) data breaches and we regularly educate our staff in this regard. Based upon the outcome of an severity assessment, We can notify affected data subjects and the Belgian data protection authority regarding the breach.
ARTICLE 6 – CONTROL YOUR DATA
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- if the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;. If you choose not to give your consent, or if you withdraw your consent, you will not be able to take (full) advantage of the services offered.
- you have a right to request access to your personal data and to request the rectification of your personal data;
- you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, including the right to object to direct marketing;
- you have a right to restrict processing;
- you have the right to request a copy of your data in a digital machine-readable format, if this is technically possible, and to have it transferred in this manner to another party. This right is however subject to certain exceptions.
- you have a right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable you to request the deletion or removal of personal data whether there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to the following address:
Smash Artist Services BVBA
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat proident.
ARTICLE 7 – STORAGE LIMITATIONS
We will retain your data for as long as needed to provide you the requested services. We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
ARTICLE 8 – CONTACT
- postal address:
Smash Artist Services BVBA
- e-mail: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Privacy Commission. All information can be found at: www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
ARTICLE 9 – UPDATES
Last revision date: 4 March 2020